Her career as a professional editor began her freshman year at Penn State when she helped a classmate raise his history grade from a D to a B by working on his essays. Some years later, those skills expanded into journalism and then book editing for a number of small presses.
“My only goal when working with an author is to ensure their book is the best it can be. This is especially true with fiction, where sometimes the wrong way can be the right way. The most important rule is: Don’t confuse the reader.”
In 2003, having initially signed on as a freelance editor, she became a full partner in Zumaya Publications, then based in Canada. She became co-owner with her sister and niece in 2008, moving company operations to Austin TX, where it continues.
- 40-plus years of professional editing experience
- 25 years of copywriting experience
- Published author of four novels, including the award-winning The Ugly Princess
- Editor/publisher Zumaya Publications LLC
- Member Society of Professional Journalists, the Independent Book Publishers Association, and the Electronic Publishing Industry Coalition